Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Courage

This week Laurie chose Courage as our Thankful Thursday theme.

When I first read the word I too thought of the "Wizard of Oz" movie. I thought of things like the courageous battle so many fight against cancer. Another was the courage to stand up for Jesus. I also thought of a song with this verse.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

I am reminded that God is with us in whatever we face. It doesn't matter if it's big or small. He will give us courage to say what we need to say. He will give us courage to do what we need to do without fear. He will give us courage to stand for right when all around us people are choosing evil. I am thankful He is with me in hard situations and gives me courage when I need it.

Other things I'm thankful for this week:

~ My husband coming home early. He had an appointment Wednesday afternoon and was home early. It turned out to be perfect timing. He fixed supper while I fixed a cake to take to a lunch on Thursday. When he took over the supper preparations in the kitchen it made me feel like I was going to finish my tasks. I did and the supper was excellent too.

~ My sweet son who is growing up so fast. This week he learned to tie his shoes. Next week we go sign up for kindergarten.....

~ Our upcoming trip to San Antonio. We are looking forward to this time together.

~ The beautiful rain we've received. I've loved the coolness and the sound of the rain this week.

~ My two sweet friends who've had birthdays this week...Casey and Steph. Both are special friends in my life!

Hope you have a blessed day! Thanks for visiting today.
~~~~~~~~~~
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

16 comments:

Denise said...

Such sweet blessings.

Pia said...

He will give us courage to say what we need to say. He will give us courage to do what we need to do without fear. He will give us courage to stand for right when all around us people are choosing evil.--- amen! i totally agree. praise God that He is always giving us courage to face our giants. blessings...

LAURIE said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your grateful heart for the courage that God gives. Happy TT! -Laurie

Saleslady371 said...

Blessings to you on this Thankful Thursday! I hope you enjoy your trip. My husband and I went to San Antonia 2 years ago. It was a lot of fun. There's so much to do!

i said...

Sounds like you're having a lovely week! The simple joy of watching a little one learning to tie his shoes! Remain blessed!

Angela said...

I loved this statement

I am reminded that God is with us in whatever we face. It doesn't matter if it's big or small. He will give us courage to say what we need to say. He will give us courage to do what we need to do without fear. He will give us courage to stand for right when all around us people are choosing evil. I am thankful He is with me in hard situations and gives me courage when I need it.

Mary said...

Praise God that He will NEVER EVER leave us. He is with us in all things. You are so blessed that your hubby was so willing to help you out with supper. We are thankful for the rain also. Blessings on your day. Mary

Laurie Ann said...

Our courage does come from Him! Great post and great list of blessings. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Grammy said...

What a blessing to have such a wonderful hubby & son. I can only dream of an experience like that. My hubby had made dinner but never came in as a partner to help. That is awesome.

Musings of A Minister said...

I always feel good after reading your posts. Thanks!

Beth in NC said...

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine my little one tying her shoes! You have some great blessings.

Happy TT!
Beth

Debbie Petras said...

San Antonio is a fun place to go. My good friends live there. How cute that your little one can tie his shoes. I love that age. Happy TT to you, Bethany.

Amanda said...

And I am thankful for you!! You just bless me with your faith and thankfullness.

Got any cake left over???

God bless!
Amanda

susansspace said...

Congratulations, Caleb! Learning how to tie your shoes is a big deal!! I know your Mommy & Daddy are so proud of you!
S: )

Rita T. said...

Great thankful post!

Alleluiabelle said...

What a great post with so many things to be thankful for.

Thank you for your wisdom-filled words and scripture regarding courage, which inspires and uplifts me.

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle