Saturday, April 25, 2009

Go Mad Dawgs!

Today was Caleb's first t-ball game! Caleb came to our bed this morning and said, "today is my game Mommy!" He was so excited to eat breakfast and hurry to put on his orange jersey as he calls it. After that he was thrilled to see a little green car pull up which meant Gramma had arrived.

The game was such fun, and we all had many laughs. Most of these kids had never played an actual game. After our practices I thought our boys were doing good, but I didn't really know what to expect except that it would be funny to see what they did with another team on the field with them. We had kids who would hit the ball and just stand there until the umpire told them to go ahead and run! We had kids who couldn't get to first base because the other team was in the way getting the ball so they ran straight from hitting to second base! We had one little boy on the other team who was carried up for his turn at bat and he didn't want to hit so went back to the dugout!

Caleb is playing right now in the outfield. He told us last night he wanted to play on one of the bases. We gave him a little speech that he was doing a good job in the outfield and if he wasn't there to stop those balls then D would have to go all the way out there to get them. Today he was so proud to get one of the balls and throw it in. He did a good job hitting the ball too. He got a hit both his times at bat. The first one he got out at first, and the next one he got to the base and then got home by another boy.

At the end of the game when the coach was talking to him it made me smile because the first thing out of his mouth was "okay did you all have fun?" That is so important. When we signed up, I didn't know if the coaches or parents would be too serious about the game. Thankfully that hasn't been the case. It's all been very encouraging and fun. I've really liked our coaches, and it has been a great experience for us.

The first game was so much fun. I look forward to more fun games! Go Mad Dawgs!
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Bless the Lord, O you his angels, you might ones who do his bidding...Bless the Lord, all his works, in all places of his dominion. Bless the Lord, O my soul." Psalm 103:20, 22

8 comments:

Marsha said...

This is SO SWEET! I love this! Tell Caleb I'm very proud of him.

Kristi said...

Oh, I so remember t-ball days. They are so fun! Go Caleb!

HEATHER said...

Oh, that sounds like so much FUN!!!
Well, I'll be root'n for the Mad Dawgs from AZ Caleb. I just love the name of your T-Ball Team y'all sound Mean but I know you guys are a bunch of sweet hearts. Well, I'll be cheering for you so game on.
God Bless,
Heather

susansspace said...

How exciting! I'm glad Caleb has good coaches! That's so important, as this can be such a wonderful learning experience for teamwork and sportsmanship, as well as playing the game!
God bless!
Susan

Denise said...

Go Caleb Go.

Michele Williams said...

They are so much fun to watch.. I just love T-ball.... Enjoy every moment... they grow up too fast! God bless you my dear friend.

Runnergirl Creations said...

That's great! He is such an athlete already! :)

Amanda said...

Sounds like its wonderful!! I am so glad to hear that!! Many blessings to you guys!

Amanda