Sunday, March 15, 2009

Proverbs & Prayers: Week #11

I mentioned the memory verse to Caleb last week as we were driving, but I will enforce it more this week with him as well as add the one from this week.


This week's verse is actually three verses together. This list always catches my attention when I read and thought it would be good to memorize to remember not to do things things that are detestable to our Lord.


The passage is Proverbs 6:16-19--


"There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies,
and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."


Do you have anything I can pray about with you this week?


I must say a big thank you to everyone who has been lifting up our family in prayer. We continue to appreciate your prayers this week as we have the family visitation Sunday night and Mammaw's services Monday afternoon.


Also, please pray for Caleb. He has his dental appointment on Wednesday to put caps on his teeth where the dentist found the cavities between his teeth. Pray for this to go smoothly and for us as parents to be okay too.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Caleb will be in my prayers, love you.

Amanda said...

Oh Bethany. Yet again, a verse that spoke right to me. I thought that I was doing alright until i read that dissension among brothers thing... spending all this time with my in-laws has me complaining to my hubby A LOT about them. I need to stop!!

Did you have fun in FL??? I am off to read more of your blog...

Thinking of yoU!
Amanda

susansspace said...

I will continue to pray for your family at this time, and also for Caleb, on Wednesday. May God give
you & Caleb a peace and calm, & may He guide the hands of the dentist to do excellent work.
Many blessings,
Susan

LauraLee Shaw said...

MY KIDS ANd I memorized those verses together. There's something in them for all of us!

Ruthie said...

You will be kept in our prayers during all the days ahead with the viewing and services.
Also will keep Caleb in our prayers - and I think he will do fine. He's really a trooper. It'll probably be harder for the parents - but don't let him see that you are worried. :) With a good dentist, he should be able to take it very matter of factly.
Blessings.

sister sheri said...

What a verse! I wonder what it would be like if it were written in the positive?

There are six things the Lord loves, seven that are dear to him:
humble eyes,
an honest tongue,
hands that protect the innocent,
a heart that is obedient,
feet that are quick to rush into service,
a witness to the lost,
and a man who encourages others to draw closer to one another and Christ!