Monday, March 2, 2009

Marriage Monday: The Glory of Christian Marriage

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Want this button?

Today's topic: Why do you feel marriage is part of God’s marvelous design? What have you discovered that you want to shout from the rooftops? Or, tell us how you handled a conflict that turned out to be unexpected blessing in your relationship. Give us the real skinny about marriage as God envisions it.

God knew what He was doing when He created marriage as part of his marvelous design. In Genesis we read how He gave Adam a helper when he created Eve. This causes me to look at my own marriage and see how my husband and I both are helpers to each other. I've noticed many times throughout our married life the blessing it is to have my husband help me. There are times I just need his help with physical tasks around the house as well as emotional support in my time of stress or sadness. Other times I can help him both physically and emotionally. I think God knew we'd need this lasting, unconditional support and gave us each other as part of His plan. It is nice to have listening ears and comforting arms to go to on the hard days as well as to rejoice with on the happy days!

Jennifer at A Pair of Bartletts is our guest hostess if you'd like to join and share your thoughts today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The LORD God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.' " Genesis 1:18

11 comments:

Musings of A Minister said...

If you could only receive one of the three books I am giving away, which one would it be? Send me an email (Not a comment on my blog) and let me know. However, you may want to leave a comment for each of the books on my blog and also check out all the other giveaways on the Carnival. Have a good day.

Susannah said...

I SO agree: It is nice to have listening ears and comforting arms to go to on the hard days as well as to rejoice with on the happy days! Thank God for loving husbands!

And thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today, BP.

Blessings,
e-Mom :~D

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

What a beautiful post, my friend. Thank you for your sweet comments and encouragement while I was away. I missed you!

Blessings and a great big hug to you today!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! What a great post! I don't know what I would do without my husband. Thank you for reminding us of this blessing today!

Heather Messick said...

Praise God for that built in support system! You are spot-on. We need that support like we need air sometimes.

Thank you for taking the time to post with us today!

Blessings!

Tami said...

Praise God for our husbands. May we love them well.

Runnergirl Creations said...

Good perspective!!

Anonymous said...

I love the concept of listening ears and open arms! What a comforting thought! I'm so glad God has made this a reality in your marriage!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is AMEN!!! I lvoe reading about this and your take on it and Gods plan!

Blessings-
Amanda

Unknown said...

HI BP,

This is a wonderful post and the first sentance just grabbed me. Girl, we need a helper in our husbands and they need us. Just like we need Christ. Absolutely wonderful post about Godly marriage. Well done.... Thank you.

Miriam Pauline said...

The help of our spouses, physical and emotional, is so important. Well said.