Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Love

It's time to stop and give thanks for the blessings we've been given. I have had an enjoyable week. Praise God we received some much needed rain this week, what a pleasant sight and sound. I hope your February has been pleasant. This is such a special month for me with all the wonderful sweet memories I share with my hubby. I'll have to write a separate post about that.

Our hostess for TT, Iris at Grace Alone, has chosen love for this week's theme.

Love is a word that we use so freely in our language today. We can love a person or we can love the smell of warm brownies. We use the same word but mean totally different things. We use it daily to mean a wide range of feelings or emotions. So today on Thankful Thursday I am thinking about the things I love and the love for which I'm grateful to receive....

~ I'm thankful first for God's love. We are told over and over in His Word of His love for us. I'm thankful He put that love into action by sending His Son.

~ I'm thankful for the love I share with my husband. I've said before God knew what I needed when He brought us together, and my husband is truly a blessing. Our love continues to surprise me as it grows all the time in new ways.

~ I'm thankful for the love I experience as a Mom. There is nothing like the love of my sweet boy!

~ I'm thankful for all of the verses about love we can read in the Bible. This was my question last Friday for As long as it is called Today. In my Bible I mark the word love when I see it with a light pink highlighter. These verses are so encouraging to me.

~ I'm thankful for the love I receive from my family and friends. It is nice to know I'm loved. Love is one of our basic needs. Too many today don't know anyone loves them. I'm thankful for those people in my life who regularly tell me and show me their love.


I hope you're having a wonderful week! Thanks for visiting!
~~~~~~~~~
"We know what real love is because Jesus gave up His life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters." 1 John 3:16 NLT

12 comments:

Denise said...

Such precious blessings.

Unknown said...

Hi BP,

Great post for this TT and V-day. I know you see the rich blessings all around you and that much loves flows out of you because Jesus love lives in you. Have a wonderful TT. Hugs.

Grammy said...

I am glad you have a wonderful family to love. It is a true blessing. I too like your explanation of love.

Jennifer said...

Great list of thankfuls! You are so right...we "throw" the word love around in many forms but I am glad the the love of Jesus Christ is what we are to pattern our love after...deep and unconditional.

Happy TT!

LAURIE said...

Great scripture that you shared here about love. Happy TT!

i said...

A lovely post written full of love! Happy TT and God bless!

Kristi said...

I enjoyed reading your thankful list written from a heart full of love overflowing.

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

I love your grateful, thankful heart and your TT post! Hope you have a wonderful Thursday, my friend.

Love ya!

Laurie Ann said...

Precious post. Love is so evident here! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

so beautiful and true

Debbie Petras said...

I tried adding a comment hours ago but my internet connection went down. I'm going to take this opportunity before I have any more problems. I love your TT post. You have such a grateful heart. Your heart of love is filled with God's love. I think that's the whole key to loving others. Have a great day, Bethany.

Marsha said...

Love is just oozing from my screen.
And I'm thankful for you.

Love you.