Friday, February 6, 2009

As long as it is called Today: Christian women/men (February)

Welcome to our second month of As long as it is called Today! Our focus on the first Friday of the month is to encourage one another as Christian women and men. I hope you will join me each week on Friday as we encourage each other in our daily lives as Christians, spouses, parents, and home keepers.


You can read answers to last week's question about winter memories by clicking here:


Random (January)

Today's question: Share your favorite passage on love from God's Word and why it is special to you.

My answer: I love the passage I John 4:7-12. These verses really sum up for me who God is and how we're supposed to live as His followers.

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

Please leave your answer in the comments and be sure to come back next week to read every one's response.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is tough!! I love so many! Since we are studying Love and Respect right now...

I will choose Epesians 5:33
"Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband."

Love to you Miss Bethany!
Amanda

Denise said...

Such beautiful scripture.

Unknown said...

Hi there, thanks for coming by my blog. Also thanks for sharing this. I'll have to think hard on what is my favorite scripture. Thanks
Julie

LauraLee Shaw said...

1 Peter 4:8 (New International Version)

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

The "deeply" part is a tough one, but my heart's desire. Beautiful post.

Melanie said...

I love this passage of scripture!

susansspace said...

So many wonderful verses to choose from. One of my favorite little short passage is the two verses I posted the other day with the Faith-Hope-Love plaque:
'This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.' 1 John 4:9-10

Runnergirl Creations said...

That is one of my favorite verses too! I first thought of John 3:16. 'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. That whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have everlasting life." I like this verse as it reminds me of the foundation of my faith in God!