Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend and upcoming week

Hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was mostly spent around home. Friday night after we ate we went to some stores to look for a converter box. We got our coupons in the mail and figured we'd go ahead and try to buy one. We have not purchased one yet. I saw them in the Target ad on sale this week so maybe we can get one of those for $5 instead of $10-$15 with the coupon. Saturday we returned a tabletop air hockey game that did not work correctly. We also bought new shower curtains. On Sunday my Mom came to visit. She met us at church. Caleb was so surprised. She got to stay until today because the school where she works was off today.

This week will be a busy one for us. Tonight starts FPU! We are really excited. After the class my husband will be driving to Dallas for a training that starts at 8 a.m. Tuesday. He'll come home Wednesday afternoon. Normally Caleb and I go with him but we decided to stay home this time because 1) he is leaving so late, 2) I have other stuff to do Tuesday and Wednesday, 3) it's good "practice" for next year when we won't be able to go with him when Caleb is in school.

Thanks for stopping by today!
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths." Psalm 25:4

4 comments:

Denise said...

Loving you, and praying for you.

Amanda said...

my lil sister has just started the FPU and loves it! I just finished reading Dave's book "Total Money Makeover" and it has changed a lot of my perspective on money issues!! It's amazing!

Michele Williams said...

Sounds like a great weekend with family.... Thank you so much for your prayers... Each day I am getting stronger! Thank you. It was a very rough weekend, but looking better today... and feeling better... still tired... but nothing like Saturday and Sunday! Your prayers are appreciated. Blessings dear friend.

susansspace said...

Glad you had a productive & happy weekend!
May God go with you through your busy week!
Blessings,
Susan