Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Possibilities

Good morning! The theme for today's Thankful Thursday is Possibilities. In the Bible we read several instances where Jesus reminds the followers that something is impossible with man but not with God.

I am thankful to serve a God of possibilities.

Years ago as we were starting out our life together we didn't know if it would be possible for me to have my dream of being a stay-at-home Mom. God made this possible.

After our miscarriage and the diagnosis with PCOS, we wondered if it would be possible for us to have other children. We are thankful for the blessing of Caleb.

Recently we saw the benefits of Dave Ramsey's financial plan. With some encouragement from a friend, we wondered if it would be a possibility for our church to host FPU. After speaking with the leadership and getting their support, we are thankful my husband is coordinating a class that we pray will change lives.

There are some prayers I pray that in my mind I don't see how it could ever work, how God could ever answer the prayer, or how it would ever be possible. Yet I have to remind myself to have faith in Him, His timing, and His will.
~~~~~~~~~
"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.' " ~ Mark 10:27 (ESV)

9 comments:

Grammy said...

I am so glad your dreams come true. And you are blessed to help others. Happy tt.

Debbie Petras said...

I love how you wrote that you wondered if and then shared the blessing. God is in control. I love your list. It was an encouragement for me.

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

This post touched my heart! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Blessings to you!

Kristi said...

Oh, what a wonderful, encouraging post. I've seen God do the impossible over and over again in my life. I am anxious to see Him do this in Rachel's circumstance. Thanks for the renewed hope today.

Lori said...

Amen, thank you for sharing how God has moved in your life and has blessed you.

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Boy I know God does the impossible for me sometimes. I've seen it many times. This is a great post.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Michele Williams said...

You truly are blessed!

Christy said...

Great post! My dear friend Emily has done FPU quite a few times, she and her husband have facilitated the class 2 or 3 times as well as they were the students before facilitating.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Love when God shows how amazing and great He is.

:)