Sunday, January 25, 2009

Proverbs & Prayers: Week #4

I thought last week's verse was a great prayer...that we keep the Lord's commands in our hearts, remembering Him and how He wants us to live. Caleb learned "Keep my commands in your heart." (Except he says your instead of my when he repeats it back to me!)


Week #4: "Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil." Proverbs 3:7


Do you have a prayer request? Let me know if I can pray specifically for you.


This week I don't have many new ones to add to the list of requests I already have.

~ My husband and his job situation. We're waiting on details to see what he will be doing on the new project.
~~~~~~~~~~
"For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers." Ephesians 1:15, 16

6 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for you, and your husband.

sister sheri said...

Please pray for my sister, Lisa. I pray that she would know how precious she is to her heavenly Father. She is in the midst of a very "Dark Night of her Soul." Thanks, BP!

And my husband, Anthony, is in Ethiopia... will return on Wednesday.

Kristi said...

Sweet friend, I'm praying for you and your husband today. Blessings to you on this Lord's day!

Melanie said...

A verse that I definitely need to remember... "Do not be wise in your own eyes..." one for us all to remember.

Have a great week!

Marsha said...

Hi Bethany! Praying for you all.

Michele Williams said...

Hi Bethany! I'm praying for you.

Continue to pray for Marsha's and my stepfather, Chris who is in kidney failure and now on dialysis. Doctors don't think he will last 5 months.

Pray for Marsha as she is in PA with them to get home healthcare set up for them. Also, she has her ministry to do as well and it is very hard to do so far from home. She also started back to college and she has yet to be in class due to being up in PA. She hopes to travel back home on Friday.

Heather continues to suffer from her chronic illness too. Their finances as well as looking for a new church for their family.

Me - continue to pray for my health as well. I continue to be in a great deal of pain... I do not want to go back on vicadin.

My husband, Jim as he plans to continue his education and get his adminstration certification.

For a special unspoken prayer request that I as well.

Sorry this is so long...

Love you dear friend!