Monday, January 5, 2009

Marriage Monday: The Humor of Christian Marriage

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Want this button?

Sometimes I wonder if other couples laugh like my husband and I do. The funniest times for us are often late at night when we should be asleep. It seems the later it gets, the sillier we are. There are things that have happened to us that we remember and joke about. Sometimes we laugh at situations that weren't funny at the time but late at night they suddenly are very funny! These are great times that I really do cherish. It feels so good not to be serious all the time.

My husband is someone with whom I can totally be myself and know he'll accept me. One of those things he accepts is my laughter. I'm not the type of person to burst out laughing when I'm with a group. My husband knows how to make me laugh though, with a funny tone, facial expression, private joke, or tickling me. It is such a nice feeling to be 100% comfortable in laughing with him, being my true self. When we laugh together we have a happy home. We are able to pass this on to our son as well, which is important.

Laughter is good medicine. It is true that we take life too seriously, and we could all use more laughter in our lives. I hope your marriage is one of fun and humor.
Join us for Marriage Monday by clicking the button above. God bless you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

9 comments:

Natalie said...

That's a great post! We laugh a lot together too! Most of our laughter comes from applying movie quotes to real life situations.

It gets us every time!

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

I loved your post! Jay and I laugh so much. I posted before about how he loves western movies and how he loves to take some of the lines from those movies and say them to Josh and I.

We are so blessed by his humorous disposition. I'm so glad to hear that other Christian couples enjoy the gift of laughter. Hugs to you!!

Susan said...

Oh this was great! Isn't it wonderful we can laugh together?

I'm like you, the later it gets, it seems the funnier things are!

Your blog looks really good.

Kathy said...

I know what you mean about being completely comfortable with your husband. That is how my husband and I are. It is such a blessing.

Susannah said...

I agree, "pillow talk" and late night laughter are the best!

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today, BP.

Hugs, e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Anonymous said...

Definitely some excellent points here! I need to laugh more...with my hubby.

Thanks for the reminder!

God bless-
Amanda

Amydeanne said...

we laugh at night too.. and get sillier as the night goes on! :)

Miriam Pauline said...

Sweet post. Bless you for sharing.

Michele Williams said...

What a great post! My husband and laugh too... mostly the stupid stuff we say or day! Growing old is not for wimps! lol..We have so much fun together too... He is my best friend! We have known each other since I was 15 years old! I can't imagine my life without him!

Bless you dear...