Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday

The theme for this week's Thankful Thursday is Thanksgiving! I hope all of you enjoyed the recent Thanksgiving holidays with family and loved ones.

This week I'm thankful for...

* enjoying a nice dinner at Olive Garden with my husband (and son!) this week. We normally do not go out in the middle of the week but Tuesday he had an out of town meeting and got in late. Plus we were taking the car to the shop to check the brakes. Add to that it was a special anniversary day for us so we went to eat. Olive Garden has recently opened here. We enjoyed it immensely. It was so nice to sit and relax, eating our meal near the fire place. Another thing I was thankful for with my husband this week was the great time we had going to the football game last Saturday.

* my "real live buckaroo." That would be Caleb of course! He has gotten back into his "cowboy kick" lately, wanting to wear his cowboy clothes and tells me he is a real live buckaroo. I think that phrase was in a book or movie. He looks so cute in his boots, Wranglers, and cowboy hat. Tonight he got two towels and tied them onto his shoulders to hang down his body on the sides and said they were his "shields." I think he meant chaps!

* Christmas music. I do love the variety of Christmas songs that are playing in stores and on the radio. I was blessed to listen to my husband's Casting Crowns Christmas CD today in his truck. It is called "Peace on Earth."

* our warm house, snug beds and blankets, and my cozy robe. We had a cold front tonight. I'm glad to be able to stay indoors!

* special family memories. When I'm with my cousin I am always reminded of this. I am just so thankful for the memories we share of past holidays and time spent together. These memories are fun to remember and pass on to Caleb.

As we enter this wonderful holiday season I hope you're heart is full of gratitude. Have a blessed day! Join us for TT by visiting Grace Alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you." Psalm 118:28

18 comments:

Susannah said...

Yes, the Christmas music! I'm thankful for those lovely strains too. :~D

Blessings,

e-Mom @ Chrysalis

LAURIE said...

on cold rainy nights like tonight I am also very thankful for my warm toasty bed. I enjoyed your TT list.

Unknown said...

Hi BP,

Just a delightful list. You know I love you girl. Hugs, Happy TT.

i said...

Good to hear you had a lovely Thanksgiving time there. A lovely thankful post.

Happy TT!

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

I love the cowboy in Caleb...my hubby just knows he was meant to be a cowboy! Loves wearing the hats and boots! Too cute!

Love the Olive Garden and they just opened up one where we live too...lovely dinner by the fireplace...just awesome!

What a wonderful thankful list and what a beautiful thankful heart you have! Thank you for sharing it with us today! Hugs to you!

Marsha said...

Whoa-WHOO!!! I'm so thankful to be back in Amercia!

Thank you for your prayers while I was gone. God was so good... as always.

As you can imagine, I've got lots to write about. The Lord showed me so much during this trip. I can't wait to share it all.

I love Olive Garden! It's been one of our favorites for years. Tt's a great place to go for a great, inexpensive meal. I love their soup, salad and breadsticks.

Have a wonderful weekend my friend.

More Than Words said...

What a wonderful TT post!! We live OG too! Don't you just love the breadsticks & salad??

Have a wonderful day!
Alicia

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am glad you enjoyed the button about sharing your light during Christmas. You are more than welcome to post it and pass it on.

Loved your TT list.....isn't Olive Garden fantastic? I love going there when we get a chance.

Melanie said...

I love your list of "thankfuls"!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Lyndy said...

What a lovely list. Thank you for sharing your thankful heart sweet sister.

Blessings, Lyndy

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful list of blessings! Thank you for sharing! Blessings.

Laurie Ann said...

I love Olive Garden. We don't go there nearly enough. Hmmmm....may need to suggest that to hubby for our next date night.

Your son sounds so cute! I enjoyed reading your other list of blessings, too. God is so good!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Grammy said...

Happy Thankful Thursday!
You have quit a nice list of true blessings.

Runnergirl Creations said...

I like what you shared! :) Thank you! The Lord is so good! :)

Debbie Petras said...

You always have the best thankful lists. Even Olive Garden can be an opportunity to be thankful, especially when you go there with loved ones. I love the Christmas music too.

Cheryl said...

I love special family memories! Thanks to HIM we have those special times. Enjoyed your post! Happy TT~

Denise said...

Such a nice thankful list dear.

Anonymous said...

Great TT list... and you always find such wonderful and "plain" things to be thankful for... rejoicing in HIm in all you do... GREAT inspiration BP!

Many blessings-
Amanda