Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday

We have had a cold front come through and it feels so nice! I love this time of year and the lovely fall weather we have been enjoying. I have seen many pumpkins popping up on porches around the area too.


This week I am thankful for...


*my awesome husband who comes up with funny games to entertain our boy. This week they took trips to outer space in a rocket ship (Caleb's tent).


*my sweet boy and the sweet things he says even when he doesn't feel well.


*being able to participate with my family in the Light the Night Walk. We have some silly times on these trips and it makes each one memorable. As I was thinking about it this week, I remembered a silly story I forgot to tell in my post about it. Saturday on the way we stopped for Caleb to use the restroom. Gramma took him in and we all sat in the truck. This big limo Hummer pulled in and stopped right in front of the truck. Then out climbed all these people. I said, "I wonder if they're going to a UT game" (seeing all the longhorns and orange shirts). My husband said "ya think?" Apparently one of them heard this exchange and were laughing at me. It was so funny. With my question I meant were they going to the game or going home from it.


*the number of people praying for the election. I have been encouraged recently by the blog posts regarding this. I've also seen numerous groups started on places like Facebook to come together in prayer for the election.


*seeing the movie "Fireproof" with my husband. I might have mentioned that once this past week! ;) It is such a wonderful movie that really blessed us both.


I hope you are having a nice day. I appreciate you sharing with me today and giving thanks. It is wonderful to stop and give thanks all year long. Thank you to Iris for being our host.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I read this verse Wednesday and it touched my heart:

"Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Psalm 90:2

14 comments:

Denise said...

I am glad you got to see the movie fireproof, I loved it.

Unknown said...

Awesome.. Awesome post and the scripture at the end spoke to my very soul.

Love you girl. Happy Fall... My favorite time of the year. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I have YET to see the movie. I have heard great reviews about it.

I love the tent trip to outer space! Definitely creating some memories there!!

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

What I wonderful list. I am also thankful for the many people who are taking time to pray for the upcoming election. We need to be praying now more than ever.

Anonymous said...

i've heard of that before. hmm... i'll look for a DVD of that here. God bless you, BP. ♥

Grammy said...

This is my first time on thankful Thursday. I very much enjoyed your post. And glad to here that hubby is wonderful dad.
Be blessed
Grammy

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

Thank you for sharing your thankful list with us. You have such a sweet, thankful heart.

I pray Caleb is feeling better. ((hugs)) to you today!

Laurie Ann said...

Absolutely beautiful Thankful Thursday post! I'm praying your little one is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping we can stop working long enough to see Fireproof.

Melanie said...

I love your list of thankfulness! And, the scripture you shared from Psalms touched me, too.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debbie Petras said...

Aren't these Thankful Thursday wonderful? I guess we should be thankful every day of the week though. I do need to go and see the Fireproof movie. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I love this time of year too but it's still too warm in Phoenix. The mornings are beginning to get cooler but the days are still too hot. But I'm thankful for very mild winters. I must look at the positives, right?

sister sheri said...

Yes, it is encouraging all the people who are praying for our leaders and our country.

Anonymous said...

Great list. I am encouraged by your consistent thankfullnes!

God bless-
Amanda

Sarah said...

I LOVE the colder weather. It's fabulous.