Monday, July 14, 2008

Blog mission


Why do I have a blog? What is the purpose of it? I have been pondering these questions lately since I read Becoming Me's announcement that she was having a Blog Mission Tour. Please join us if you'd like. I think it is beneficial to have a reason and focus for blogging. It will be fun to read why others blog too.

The mission of my blog is....
* to journal life events of my family, especially the things my son says and does.

* to encourage my readers.

* to share my thoughts and opinions on various topics.

* to bring honor and glory to God with the words I say.

* to keep a record of books I'm reading and verses I'm memorizing.

As I've been considering my purpose, I've been thinking of adding certain types of posts that are helpful for specific people, like parents, stay-at-home Moms, or wives. I'm thinking this might be question and answer type posts to share ideas with readers and learn new ideas from readers pertaining to certain topics. This would be a way to support one another in our Christian walks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12:10

8 comments:

mattpatt said...

Hi ...

Romans 12:10 is so perfect.

Being a newbie - Please instruct me as to how you posted the Tour art/link.

Thanks again!

Matt

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Excellent post. I have enjoyed your blog for sometime. Thank you so much for participating and for continually sharing your heart.

susansspace said...

Your blog is just delightful!
The Bible verse listed in your 'About Me' section is a sister verse to one of my favorites..Ps.27:1, 'The Lord is my light and my salvation...whom shall I fear?'
Thank you for the kind words on my blog. Please check back anytime! Susan

Marsha said...

I love your thoughts on your blog additions! I think that would be very helpful.

Natalie said...

Thanks for your kind comments. Thankfully, he doesn't have any food allergies. I just made it sugar-free because I didn't want to upset his tummy. He has a little sweet taste every now and again, but I just wanted to make it sugar-free. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the honesty and simplicity of your mission!! I totally agree and love your purpose and plan on being back soon!

Many blessings-
Amanda

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Sounds great! I'll be back to reado more... :)

dlyn said...

I'm still working my way through the Blog Mission Tour - Love yours and I think you fulfill your mission very well. I will be back to check it out again.