Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Our story

I entered the Valentine contest that KLOVE is hosting again this year. This is the story I submitted. Some of you know it but I thought I'd share it. I love the apple part of our story. There was a 250 word count limit or I could have written much more!

While eating lunch on campus at Abilene Christian University on February 13, 1998, I was surprised to receive a homemade card from JMP with the question “Will you be my Valentine?” I remember the excitement in my heart over his sweet card. We had become friends earlier during our freshman year at ACU. As we got to know each other, I knew there was something special about him and loved the way he opened up and shared his life stories with me. On December 2, 2000, JMP proposed by getting on one knee and singing to me at our special spot outside Chapel on the Hill. We were married six months later at the same place.

Something unique and fun about our love story is the “Mrs. P” apple. My second grade teacher had a large apple that said “Mrs. P” that hung on her classroom door every school year. One year she switched themes and took the apple down. Knowing that I wanted to be a teacher, she told me if I was ever “Mrs. P” she would let me have that apple. Little did we know that I would go to ACU, meet her great nephew (JMP), fall in love, and get married. I did indeed receive my Mrs. P apple at one of our wedding showers. It hung in my classroom until I became a stay-at-home Mom.

I’m so thankful God brought us together 10 years ago. JMP is my best friend and forever Valentine.

----------------------------
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you." Jeremiah 31:3 NRSV

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow, that is an awesome story!! God does work in mysterious ways. That is totally a "God-incidence" Who would have thought???!!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

beautiful :)
I love stories like this!

Kathy said...

That is a great story! I know your Mrs. P apple is special to you!

sister sheri said...

Wow! How cool is that! I love this story!