Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Two things I read today

I read a couple things today that blessed my day.

The first was on another blog I read every now and then. Today's entry was called Quench Your Thirsty Busy Soul. I thought it was very timely and worth the read.

The other thing was in a book I have called God's Little Devotional Journal for Women. I don't know the author for this particular entry so I don't know who to give credit to for this, but I really like it. I think I'm going to print a copy of part of it to hang on my fridge. Here is an excerpt:

In the Blink of an Eye

Our lives are that moment when the perfume hangs in the air before dissipating. We've only a mist of a lifetime, and then it will be spent. While our souls will live eternally, our opportunities on this earth to love and laugh with people will be gone before we can fully appreciate it.

So we need to breathe deeply and live fully and thank wholeheartedly and kiss passionately and hug warmly and love without reserve. We need to have babies and train pets and smell good food and laugh with friends. We need to cry freely and dance sometimes and sing whenever we have the chance. We will only have a moment here, and then it will be gone. Looking ahead, it seems like a lifetime, but looking back, it's just the blink of an eye.

-------------------------------------
"Why, you don not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing!