Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

Since being part of the Audrey's Umbrella group, I've come to "know" several children battling cancer. Those in the AU program are fighting (or survivors of) brain tumors. When I follow the stories of these brave children and their families, I become attached. Several of my little buddies I've been matched with through AU have passed away. One of those is Catie. She was my Spring 2006 AU buddy. Today is Catie's birthday. She would have been five years old. You can watch a clip with pictures of Catie. It's at the bottom called "Stories of sadness, hope." Remember her family in your thoughts and prayers today as they're missing their little girl on this her first birthday in Heaven.


Unfortunately, the budget for Childhood Cancer Research has been cut by the government for 3 consecutive years. Write to your congressman and ask them to support the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act.

----------------------------------------------------
"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11

No comments: