Thursday, August 16, 2007

Feeling blessed!

This morning I sorted through Caleb's clothes. There were quite a few in his drawers and closet that he has outgrown. Once I got all of those out I went through all the new stuff he's gotten for fall/winter or next summer. I just felt so blessed to see all the clothes!

We've been blessed to receive clothes from an older cousin for fall. I found a couple pairs of jeans and shirts at a garage sale last month. My Mom brought a sack of shirts and shorts she'd found on sale. He got quite a few new outfits and t-shirts for his birthday, more this year than in years past it seems. My Dad also brought some jeans and a coat he'd found at a sale.

It was fun going through all the new things. I was trying to pick which outfit to use for his 3 year old pictures that we need to get made soon. I have a stack of clothes to pass on to someone else now too.
--------------------------
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9
and another one that goes along with this from today's desk calendar: "We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." Joseph Campbell

No comments: