Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. It's been said the best things in life are free...are they? What are some of those things? 
Not always...some of the lessons I've learned the most from have cost something, not necessarily monetarily.  And this reminds me of the other saying...."The best things in life aren't things."  

Some free things I can think of that are great are a hug, smile, wave, kind word.

2. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Apple pie or home made ice cream? Do you like hotdogs? If so, what do you like on yours? 
stars
blue
apple pie
Yes I like to occasionally eat a hot dog.  Actually that is what we had tonight....Titus saw some in the freezer.  I like to put a little mustard, chili, onion, tad of relish, and cheese on mine.  I'm particular about the brand and don't like them too often!  

3. One thing on your summer bucket list? Any plans to make it happen soon? 
We have been to the store and looked at flooring. We are deciding what to get for our bedroom.  Not sure when it will get done but we are moving in that direction at least!

4. What's your summer anthem? Yes, you need to have one. 
This is a reminder I need often!  Summer is a good time to slow down.  I know things are going to really ramp up this fall when school starts and we have a senior!

Click to listen.

5. What's something you love about America? If you live outside of America, tell us something you love about the place you call home. 
I love the beautiful landscapes we have across this great country.  Lately I've been seeing vacation pictures from friends.  I've seen mountains, trees, oceans, sandy beaches, peaceful waterfalls.  So much beauty to see around us!  I guess that can be true in any country.  We just have such a variety here, there's always something new to see/explore.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
I haven't been participating in the Hodgepodge lately but wanted to try to this week!  Hubby and I had a wonderful trip to Florida for our 20th anniversary at the beginning of the month.  So many great memories!  

Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

3 comments:

ellen b. said...

Glad you could get away for your 20th! Our oldest and his dear wife celebrate 20 this year, too. How can that be? Slowing down in the summer sounds good.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I like your list of free things. Your hot dog sounds yummy. Nice song. Glad you had a nice anniversary trip. Take care.

Kirstin said...

I agree with your answer to 6 and I love that song by Johnny Diaz. That was my word of the year a few years ago after hearing that song.