Thursday, February 11, 2021

Thankful Thursday


Brrr!  Winter has arrived for us.  It is going to be freezing temps here through Monday I've heard.  School was cancelled for today.  I am mindful of the many who do not have a warm home and also all those who are out working in these freezing conditions.

This week I am thankful for....

~ my husband's 18 year anniversary with USDA.  I am thankful for his hard work and how he provides for our family.  There have been challenges every year but the last 11 months have for sure been new challenges with him working from home.  He's done a good job learning how to do his job in a new way.

~ seeing my big boy in the ring with his steer Terry.  He did a great job showing him, and this was a wonderful experience for him.  There were over 1600 steers competing in this show.  


~ my sweet little guy surprising me with roses.  One day he went with his brother to the store.  He came home and told me close your eyes.  He handed me a bouquet of roses.  He told Caleb he would give him money for them when they got home, and he got it from the envelope he had saved from his birthday gift money.  They are so pretty, I've enjoyed them this week!


~ a little time to volunteer at the school.  Elementary did a fundraiser with "Nothing Bundt Cakes."  The time to pick up the cakes was this week so I helped pass them out.  Also one night I helped make some treat bags that parents had bought for their children for a Valentine surprise.  I have missed being on campus to volunteer so I was thankful for this opportunity this week. 

~ the fire to keep us warm.  My husband made one yesterday for me, and the boys fixed one this morning.  



~ success on a quilting project.  I had saved a picture of a pillow on Pinterest that was made with Christmas material.  I had a jelly roll of fall print fabrics so tried making it.  I was pleased with how it turned out.  It was the first one to do on my own really without my friend/mentor beside me! I was proud of myself!  My measurements were off but the extra was trimmed.



Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

No comments: