Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What's something about Christmas that most people like, but you don't? Elaborate. We don’t do santa. I didn’t as a kid and we haven’t with either boy. We don’t make a big deal about it, it’s just not something we do. I have told Titus it is fine to color a Santa picture or sing a Santa song at school, but we told him the truth about it. 
This isn’t a favorable opinion for many I realize.  

2. Tell us about one cherished tradition from your childhood and if you'll make it happen this year? We always went to look at Christmas lights. I still remember the neighborhoods we would go to every year and which decorations were at which house. Now we go look at lights on Christmas Eve after we go to a restaurant and eat dessert. We started this years ago. So many times when we eat out the desserts look so good but never have room. So on Christmas Even we luck a place that is open and have dessert! We like to leave a nice tip as well. 

3. In 1941 FDR declared December 15th Bill of Rights Day. Citizens were encouraged to fly the flag and gather for prayers and other ceremonies as appropriate. Did you know this? Will you fly a flag? Can you name all the rights and protections guaranteed in the first ten amendments of the US Constitution? Of the ten, which two do you value most? If you need a list you'll find one here.  No I did not know this. We did not fly our flag. I think at one point I knew the first ten amendments and remember studying them when Caleb had to learn them for school. 
I will need a list! 
Freedom of religion is important to me as well as right to bear arms. 

4. Do you know someone named Bill? Tell us something about him? Is there a famous 'Bill' you'd like to meet? A man at our church is named Billy and I had a teacher in junior high named Bill. Also my great grandfather went by Bill. 
The only Bill I can think of I’d like to meet would be Bill Cosby....the man I remember from my childhood. 

5. A step in the right direction, on the right track, bragging rights, be in the right place at the right time, get off on the right foot, right as rain, rightside up, give your right arm for, have one's heart in the right place...choose a 'right' that applies to your life in some way in recent days and tell us how it's so.  I will go with “be in the right place at the right time.”  Friday night  we were driving to the deer lease. Going down the road I saw someone standing by car with flashlight. It looked like they were trying to signal for help.  I said it looks like he’s singalong for help or a kid is holding the flashlight! My husband and turned around. The man had a flat. My husband changed it for him. He was so appreciative and insisted on giving him some money which my husband tried to refuse. He said he was praying and didn’t know how to change it. I was glad we could help him. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
I do not have all my gifts wrapped and haven't mailed our Christmas letter/picture yet (waiting on the pictures). But I don't feel rushed this year.  I think there are less activities and it seemed longer between Thanksgiving and Christmas so I feel like I have time.  

Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So Santa doesn't come to your house. I don't care to decorate with Santa's although I have a few. I prefer snowmen. Looking at lights is fun. So nice of you to help that person. I don't trust people much anymore. Merry Christmas!