Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Book: More Than Meets The Eye


One of my favorite authors of historical fiction, Karen Witemeyer, has a new book in a new series.  It is More Than Meets the Eye in the Patchwork Family series.  Let me tell you about it today! 

About the book:
Many consider Evangeline Hamilton cursed. Orphaned at a young age and possessing a pair of mismatched eyes--one bright blue, the other dark brown--Eva has fought to find her way in a world that constantly rejects her. Yet the support of even one person can help overcome the world's judgments, and Eva has two--Seth and Zach, two former orphans she now counts as brothers. 

Seeking justice against the man who stole his birthright and destroyed his family, Logan Fowler arrives in 1880s Pecan Gap, Texas, to confront Zach Hamilton, the hardened criminal responsible for his father's death. Only instead of finding a solitary ruthless gambler, he discovers a man not much older than himself with an unusual family. When Zach's sister, Evangeline, insists on dousing Logan with sunshine every time their paths cross, Logan finds his quest completely derailed. Who is truly responsible for his lost legacy, and will restoring the past satisfy if it means forfeiting a future with Evangeline?


My thoughts:
I have enjoyed the other books by Karen Witemeyer and was excited to start a new series.  Wow I loved this one!  I had read such good reviews of this one before I read it, and it did not disappoint.  Each time I read one of her books I think it may be her best one yet! 

I liked the background of this story and how Eva came to be with her brothers Seth and Zach.  Their bond is very special which I appreciated seeing throughout this story. Another thing I thought was a fun touch to the story is that Eva has a pet pig. 

One thing I would mention is that suicide is referenced in this book.  Logan's father took his own life years prior, and Logan shares about this and how it affects him and his mother.  I thought this might be important to know that it may be a trigger for someone who is dealing with a suicide in their own life. 

If you enjoy historical fiction be sure to check this one out!  I look forward to the next book in this series.  Visit the author's website here.

I received a copy of this book from the Bethany House reviewers program for my honest review.  Thank you. 


Have a day of blessings! 

Bethany

No comments: