Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thankful Thursday

How is your Thursday?  This has been a busy week for us.  I've been baking some and taking the entries to the fair a couple days this week.  Monday I took 2 cakes, Wednesday I took muffins and bread, and tomorrow I'm taking brownies.  I was so surprised when my husband picked up the bread yesterday and said it had won first place!  It was zucchini bread.

This week I am thankful for...
~ my husband's loving ways and the things he does to help me and make me smile. He often gives me encouraging words too and I appreciate that so much.

~ my big boy being so excited about his first football game.  We are excited to watch him.  He found out he is on A team again this year.

~ my little guy helping me bake.  He was so cute playing with the flour in his chair after he'd helped me.  He had the best time scooping and dumping the pile of flour I'd given him.

~ essential oils!  This week I'm liking "Stress Away."  It smells so good and is very calming to me it seems.  Also I've used "R.C." while my older son sleeps and it has helped him as well.

~ going to the ladies Bible study at our new church.  My Mom and Titus went to the library and I was able to go to it.  I really enjoyed it and hope I can go often and get to know the ladies.

~  snack day with my boys.  I look forward to this during the school year!  It's usually on Thursday but during football we have it on Wednesdays.


Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on the blue ribbon for your bread. That is special that your son got to help you bake. Special memories for you two. I still remember winning a ribbon for my cornbread in 4-H and my Mother teaching me to cook.

2 gators said...

love your thankful Thursday list, we always have so much to be thankful for

my thankful Thursday list can be found here
http://heavygators.blogspot.com/2017/07/thankful-thursday.html

I have been following you for quiet some time
my blog used to be My Life In A Blog
and Rainbows Dreams