Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Whispers of Rest





Today I'd like to share a book with you called Whispers of Rest by Bonnie Gray.   I was intrigued by the description I read.

About the book:
Life is noisy. But what would happen if every day - for the next 40 days - you soaked in God's love as He intimately whispered words of rest just for you?
WHISPERS OF REST is a 40-day devotional detox for your soul, a spiritual journey to refresh you and guide you to greater peace, while helping you discover who God truly made you to be: His beloved. Renew your spirit with powerful affirmations of God's love with uplifting words of Scripture, journaling prompts for reflection, and practical challenges to spark joy. Bonnie will lead you to places of rest, where you can deeply experience the Savior's presence in your everyday life.

This beautiful guidebook will create space for your soul to breathe:
         Soul Care Tips & Trail Notes - Reduce stress and nurture your body and spirit.
         Daily Beloved Challenges - Brighten your day by taking simple soul care actions.
         A Simple Prayer Practice - Deepen your intimacy with God through easy-to-enjoy prayer prompts, inspired by classic devotional practices.

A lot can happen in 40 days. A new rhythm. A new heart. A renewed faith. Transform your life as you take the journey to say yes to God, embrace your true identity, rediscover your dreams, and begin your healing. Dare to enjoy each day fully and celebrate your calling as the beloved.

My thoughts:

I am over half-way finished with this book. I have been reading it for part of my quiet time.  The book is divided into 6 sections. Each one has a different focus for the days.  I really liked the layout of each chapter with something to read, then a short reminder from God's word and prayer, then some questions followed by a prayer prompt and a challenge related to the day.

I really liked all of the different prayer prompts and the challenges.  These challenges have helped me look at my life in a different way and to look for ways to stop and rest.

I received this book from the Hachette Group for my review. Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany