Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thankful Thursday

We have had a laid back week at home, no special outings or activities other than our regular trips to the library and grocery store. I love being home with my boys!  Summer is wonderful!

This week I am thankful for....
~ celebrating 16 years of marriage with my husband over the weekend. Last Friday was our anniversary and we took a little trip together. It was so nice to be together and enjoy that time.

~ my big boy and all his summer activities. He is mowing some lawns in the neighborhood, and this week started going to morning work outs at the high school. He entertains his brother too! And made me some delicious chocolate chip peanut butter cookies and cooked supper.

~ my little guy making us laugh with his words. He is saying opposites lately. We started doing them at lunch one day before Caleb got out of school so I will randomly ask him to say them. I was recording him and said what's the opposite of hot and he said hot-si-wah, and it's just so funny to hear him say it. So now he says it all the time! (That's a word I say when something is really hot.)

~ our new mini van!!  On our anniversary trip we went to the dealership to drive one, and we traded my car and bought it. This has been our plan for some time.  We have growing boys and knew we wanted one at some point! Caleb has had me pull up the seat when he sits in the back cause he's getting so tall and his legs were cramped.  We have been saving in a "vehicle replacement fund" so we were able to pay cash for it which was our goal. We feel we got a good deal, and we are all enjoying it so far. We had our Camry for 6 years and absolutely loved it. I was sad to not have it anymore but am glad to have this new Sienna (and hope we enjoy it as much).

~ new clothes and shoes!  We went shopping on our trip, and I was glad to find some new things. I rarely buy anything for myself so I was glad to be able to do that.

~ home days with my boys. Reading books, being outside, watching old tv shows, being together!

Have a day of blessings!
  Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on the new mini van!