Monday, May 16, 2016

Titus' first birthday party.....Book theme!

I chose a book/reading theme for Titus' first birthday party.  He loves books and I'd seen cute ideas on Pinterest.  We all love books so it was fun for us all.  I loved how it came together!

For the invitation I used old library card pockets and check out cards.  On the part of the card you can't see I included the times and his clothing sizes.


The "1" was his smash cake.  For the other cake I printed the covers of some of his favorite books from the past year, and my Mom (who made the cakes) put them on sticks on top of the cake.


I saw streamers done like this on a  Pinterest post so we recreated it with two shades of blue.  I loved how it turned out.  My husband did the streamers and I did the balloons. I used a trick I learned from Pinterest for those too....use a needle to string the balloons together on a piece of thread.

We put the books and characters on the mantle and bookshelf.


Here are a couple more decorations.

This poster had pictures (that I took off before I took this picture) around the edge of Titus reading by himself or with us. The letters are cut out of pages of books.  I got them cheap at Goodwill to cut apart.

This is a banner that Caleb helped make. It was originally going to go in front of the high chair but I realized the high chair was going to be behind the table so you wouldn't be able to see it.  Caleb added the pictures to each side of the ONE.  He made the blue book shapes for the letters to go on as well.

I don't know how we missed a picture of the food but oh well!  We set out food on the bar with the book related to it sitting beside it.  Here is a list of the books/food we used...

Green Eggs and Ham.....deviled eggs dyed green and ham slices (to make a ham sandwich)
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.....meatballs
Go, Go, Grapes!: A Fruit Chant (this was a book Titus loved for Caleb to read him when he was very little so we included it!)......bowl of fruit
Very Hungry Caterpillar.....fruit that the caterpillar ate laid out on a platter
Rah, Rah, Radishes!: A Vegetable Chant....various cut up veggies with dip
any chicken book.....Chick fil a nuggets
Three Little Pigs.....pigs in a blanket
The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food....bowl of mini candy bars and bags of chips
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.....plate of chocolate chip cookies

It was a fun party, and we enjoyed celebrating our one year old!

Have a day of blessings!
 

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love all your decorations,especially how you did the streamers and balloons. The book theme is wonderful. I am obsessed with children's literature. It's great that Titus loves books. Happy First Birthday, Titus!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a cute idea. I love all the decorations and the cakes are so cute. I bet he had a fun time. Happy 1st Birthday Titus!!!!