Monday, January 11, 2016

Audio: Audacious by Beth Moore


About the book:
Thirty years in the making, Audacious is a deep dive into the message that has compelled Beth Moore to serve women around the globe. Glancing over the years of ministry behind her and strengthening her resolve to the call before her, she came to the realization that her vision for women was incomplete. It lacked something they were aching for. Something Jesus was longing for. Beth identifies that missing link by digging through Scripture, unearthing life experiences, and spotlighting a turning point with the capacity to infuse any life with holy passion and purpose. What was missing? Well, let's just say, it's audacious and it's for all of us. And it's the path to the life you were born to live.

My thoughts:
I have read several books by Beth Moore as well as done some of the Bible studies. To be honest, this one was hard for me to "get into" and follow (which is why it has taken me so long to complete this review).  I don't know if it was the time of year in which I was trying to listen or what, but it was just really hard for me to focus on it or understand the flow.

She makes some good points, but overall she seems to tell a bunch of stories about her life and relate them to the topic of each chapter.  I felt like I kept waiting for it all to connect, and it just didn't for me. I will say that the last chapter was beautiful and a really sweet reminder of the awesome God we serve.

This audio version was read by the author.  It does take a little bit to get used to hearing her voice. She does add emotion to the reading of the words though which makes it enjoyable.

I received this audio book as part of the christianaudio reviewers program.  Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: