Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thankful Thursday


We have had a nice week since my last Thankful Thursday post.  My husband got home Thursday night from his business meeting.  He'd already planned to take off Friday for my birthday.  Then we ended up with a snow day!  I've never had a snowy birthday.  We do not see that much snow here so it was very pretty to see the entire yard and roads covered.  We were able to get out and see my Mom as is our tradition on my birthday.  I was preparing myself that we might not be able to make it due to the weather.  But it was clearer her direction so we went slow and met to eat, had birthday cake, and came home before dark. The snow/ice remained all day Saturday.  It started to melt Sunday, and we were able to make it to church services.   It did warm up some but was still in the 50s.  Wednesday the temperature continued to drop all day and was sleeting and icy by dark! So today ended up being another ice day from school,  and my husband went in at noon when the ice was melting.

~ my husband being home on my birthday and driving me to see my Mom.  I'm so thankful for the help he gives me each day with whatever needs to be done.

~ enjoying a day home with my boy.  I know we won't have too many of those days of me and him before the baby arrives, and I enjoy our time together.

~ seeing my belly move from the baby's movements.  We can't help but laugh and be amazed as we watch the movements.  I have another appointment next week.

~ birthday cards in the mail that made me smile.  Some had gift cards too which was another fun surprise!  

~ having the sun come out to melt to the ice.  The forecast makes it seem spring is coming. We shall see!

~ going to ladies night out to eat with the ladies from church.  We had a small group this month but it was nice to chat with these ladies and get to know them a little better.

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: