Friday, January 16, 2015

Book: Always on my Mind

I have read other books in this series about the Christiansen Family and expected to enjoy this one like I have the others. I was not disappointed!  Today I'd like to tell you about book 4 called Always on my Mind by Susan May Warren.

About the book:After a failed dig in Honduras, aspiring archaeologist Casper Christiansen heads home to Minnesota to face his unresolved feelings for Raina Beaumont, the woman of his dreams. But when he arrives unannounced on her doorstep, he receives the shock of a lifetime: Raina is pregnant with someone else’s baby.
Heartbroken, especially when he discovers the identity of the baby’s father, Casper tables his dreams and determines to be dependable for once, helping his older brother, Darek, prepare the family resort for its grand reopening. Casper longs to be the hero of at least one family story, but a never-ending Deep Haven winter and costly repairs threaten their efforts—and the future of the resort.
Worse, one of Casper’s new jobs constantly brings him into contact with Raina, whom he can’t seem to forget. A tentative friendship begins to heal fresh wounds, but can they possibly overcome past mistakes and current choices to discover a future together? 
My thoughts:
I have enjoyed all the books I've read by Susan May Warren.  Her characters seem so real, and I enjoy her writing style.  I appreciate the close-knit family of the Christiansens and how they seem like a realistic family with real problems and struggles.  

In this book I liked the mystery/treasure hunt that Casper and Raina work on together.  I saw a deeper meaning than just the treasure hunt on the surface though; both Casper and Raina were looking for their own treasures even though they may not realize it.  I thought the author did a good job of weaving these two characters' stories together in a believable way.  They both have such pain in their heart because of their pasts.  

If you have read other books in this series, you will see those main characters pop up throughout this book as well which I like. This book can be read alone if you haven't read the others though.  I look forward to the next book in the series!  

Thank you to Tyndale House Publishers for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book.
Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: