Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way? Always remembering that day, where I was, and how it changed so much about our country. On a webinar I did see a recommendation of a children's book related to this day which I found at our library. It's called 14 Cows for America.  Interesting story.

2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phone book? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
I don't listen to a radio except in the car.  We do still have a VCR but I don't remember the last time we played a tape. I do use a phone book to look up local numbers.  We don't use a paper map while driving. I set my alarm on my iPad.

3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know? I'd guess probably not under most circumstances.

4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month? I can't think of any dishes that fall into this category.

5. What's something you know nothing about? So many things could answer this question.   One would be how the internet works.

6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece? It's not my preference, I do not enjoy it much.

7. What's the oldest thing you own? The first thing that comes to mind is an old spoon given to me by my great grandmother. She gave it to me when she was living and wrote about it on a piece of paper. I keep it in a bag in my hope chest.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have started up the Secret Sister program again for the fall at our church.  Last Sunday we drew names. It is a fun program, and we've grown closer to one another because of this.  

 Have a day of blessings!
 

2 comments:

Joyce said...

So fun today reading about all the things people have treasured belonging to grandparents or great grandparents. Looking forward to starting back up with my women's bible study group next week. We don't do Secret Sisters but do have prayer partners which I appreciate so much. Enjoy your day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That books sounds interesting. I went over a looked it up on Amazon. Your answer about the internet sparked a question in me.....The Cloud, how does that work? That is awesome that you have the spoon. I have a few items from the kitchen of my grandmother. Secret Sister was always fun at church.