Wednesday, August 6, 2014

11

Today we remember the due date of our first child.  That child would be 11 this year.  Even though it has been 11 years, I know I will always remember this day because that first pregnancy and first baby was such an important part of my life and our marriage.  So much about me changed as I see it looking back.  I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that God gave us that time of pregnancy and the dream I had before the miscarriage. 

When I think of this day, I will always remember our first baby and feel thankful.  I think there will always be a little sadness in my heart.  I know over the years the feeling of the sadness has changed.  But there is always the thoughts of wondering about all the things we never got to do or experience with that baby. 

Also, my heart is continually filled with thankfulness at the way God blessed us one year later with our son. 

I saw this quote and I thought it was fitting for today: 

 I am forever changed
for having known the gift that was you.
I miss who you were,
who you would have become
and who I was going to be,
but I am a better person for having known you,
if only for a moment.
Author – Unknown
Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is a beautiful quote. Saying a prayer and keeping you in my thoughts...((HUGS))