Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Here is my list for this Thankful Thursday! 

~ having a sweet husband who takes care of me.  The other morning it was 12 degrees and he went to get gas for me so I didn't have to do it myself.  I had checked the day before and saw I had 1/4 tank left and we'd talked about the night before that I would have enough to go where I needed to go.  Then before he left for work he told me he'd gone to get me some so I didn't have to worry about it.

~ the sweet things my boy does that make me smile.  Like when he sits in my lap after school some days and tells me about his day.  Or when he hugs me extra tight before he goes to sleep. 

~ Several times this week I've been reminded of the value of teachers....like the teachers who cared for their children stuck at school during a snow storm.....and the teachers who teach our children each Sunday morning......and the teachers who make learning fun for my boy (I love that he comes home so excited about the things he is learning!).....and the teachers I had (I feel blessed to keep in touch with so many through FB).....and the professors who have touched countless lives. 

~ getting ready for the Valentine countdown!  I'm so excited for this and have been looking forward to it.  We will start on February 1.  My boy thought it was going to be silly the first year we did it; this year he asked a few months ago are we doing that mailbox thing in February.  :)  I love having memories and traditions as a family.  They don't take a lot of time or money but the memories we will always treasure! 

~ making chocolate chip cookies again.  I'm using this for one of the prizes for the mailboxes next week but had time to make them today.  So I made them and will keep them in the freezer.  :)  I have never been good at making cookies.  My Mom gave me the recipe she used and some tips and I think they taste great! 

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: