Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. When it comes to good manners, what two top your list of most important?
Manners are important and many times are forgotten, ignored, or not taught today.  I think they need to be taught, children don't just act with good manners automatically! 
One big one for me is saying please/thank you.  Another is not interrupting when someone is talking.  When I am interrupted makes me feel like what I am saying isn't important or the person is too much of a rush to stop and listen or care. 
2. Let's open a proverbial can of worms...
Common Core.  Are you familiar with the term (talking education reform in the USA)?  If so, care to share your thoughts? In your opinion, what is one of the biggest issues schools (in your home country) face today? 
I actually took a one hour continuing education class online about Common Core last week.  I was not familiar with it prior to the class because we do not have that in Texas.  There are so many challenges in schools today.  One is the lack of finances which leads to bigger class sizes and less support staff.  Both of these cause more work for the teachers.


3. Name a celebrity whose fashion sense you admire and share why. 
I don't pay attention to celebrities honestly.


4. How are you affected by the changing seasons?   I like it when it starts getting darker sooner.  I don't really have a problem with allergies as both my husband and son do.  This year though I had drainage and a sore throat and messed up voice last week. 

5. Scariest book you've ever read?  I don't read scary books!


6. What time of day are you most hungry? What's your go-to snack?  Probably in the afternoons before I get Caleb from school.  I like to eat chocolate chips. :)

7. Do you lean more towards being too needy or too independent? Which do you find harder to deal with in others? It depends but I probably lean towards too independent. I would say too needy is harder for me to deal with in others because if they are an adult I figure they should be able to handle things themselves instead of always being the victim and wanting others to do things for them.


8.  Insert your own random thought here. Caleb has a music program Thursday night.  We are excited to see his performance.  He has been singing their songs for weeks and practicing his line in different voices.  Last night he told us the lines of the other kids.  He is excited about it too! 

Have a day of blessings!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I like chocolate chips too. They're just right. Enjoy your son's music program!

Kathy said...

Beware! I've heard that Common Core is coming to Texas, too.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I would like to know where the manners have gone, it was one of the first things I taught my children! I don't read scary books either. I feel I am independent but love to be taken care off so I'm needy too. Hope the music program went well.