Wednesday, June 5, 2013
1. Have you learned more from success or failure? Explain. Probably from failure because I can see things that did not work and try something else.
2. What did you call your grandparents when you were growing up? If you have children, what do they call your parents? If you have grandchildren, what do they call you? I had Peepaw and Meemaw. My great grandparents I called Grandmomma and Poepoeia (I have no idea how to spell it really.) My son has Gramma, Grandad, Mimi, and Pawpaw.
3. You're invited to a luau. In keeping with that theme, what dish will you bring to share? Something with pineapples
4. Besides Jesus, what one person's life story do you think everyone should know about? George Washington Carver is very interesting from things my husband has told me, and I'd like to know more about him. He came to mind first!
5. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Agree or Disagree? Why? It seems I read something about this quote one time, but I can't remember where I read it or what it said. My thoughts are that there are some things in life that just don't matter and we make a bigger deal of out them than we should, getting worked up about things that are of no value. However, there is also value in paying attention to the little details because those moments sometimes are the most important and you don't want to go through life only paying attention to the "big" stuff and miss or forget all the little things that matter.
6. June is National Rivers Month. When were you last on a river? What's the prettiest river you've ever seen? What's a river you'd like to see? We went camping on the Colorado River on Memorial Day weekend. It was very low and muddy this trip. I don't guess I pay much attention to rivers to notice if they are pretty or remember them if I do! We have been to the Riverwalk in San Antonio and that is fun to see and walk beside. I don't know of any rivers I'd like to see off hand.
7. Speaking of rivers-paddling, fishing, swimming, or bird watching safely from the shore? Which activity would you choose? Yes-you have to choose. I'd choose sitting on shore watching my boy fish. I don't really like swimming in a river. I would like to try paddling sometime though.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am having a giveaway this week for $20 at an Etsy store. Check out this post to find out about the giveaway, just in time for Father's Day. It ends tomorrow!
Have a day of blessings!