Wednesday, May 29, 2013
1. What question do you often ask yourself? Lately it has been related to the miscarriage and thinking how far along would I be now, how big I would be, or what symptoms I would be having.
2. Do you grow roses? What's your favorite color of rose? Ever been given a dozen roses? Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing? I had a beautiful rose bush at our old house. Since our move I haven't gotten one to grow yet! I'm not sure if it is the soil or something we are doing wrong. I like all colors of roses but my favorites are the multi colored ones, like a yellow with pink around the edge. My husband gives me roses...sometimes for a special occasion or sometimes just because.
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products? Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date? Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can? Sometimes I will, I guess it depends what it is....milk I always do. I've found expired yogurts on the shelf at a little store near my house. I do use eggs and medication past its date. It depends what the medication is though. And I always put the dented can back and look for one that isn't dented.
4. Should athletes be role models? I think they COULD be good role models but many of them are not and as a society we idolize them too much when they don't deserve it....or they get more publicity for the bad things they do. We need to make bigger role models out of people who really deserve it, like teachers, firemen, police officers, EMTs, nurses, etc.
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime? Why can I not think of an answer to this question! I have had so many goals I've achieved already. One thing I would like to do is go on a mission trip with my husband and son, maybe in another country.
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose? Something for children....a place to go when they need a safe place. This question brought to mind how my Mom used to say she'd like to build a huge house for kids to come to give them stability when things were crazy at home.
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there? 7:05 probably
8. Insert your own random thought here. Tomorrow is the last day of 3rd grade for my boy. He told me this morning it feels like he just started school. We are looking forward to summer.
Have a day of blessings!