Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3? Heated up leftovers for supper.  Our church family brought us meals to help us out the past week in our time of sadness, and it has been such a blessing to have those and then the leftovers too. 

2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May ...what is something you may do this month?  I may get a hair trim.  

3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think" How do you see it?  I can't think too deeply today.  I think we all have different perspectives on the world around us because of our unique life experiences so we view it all differently.

4. May is National Hamburger Month...how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead? I enjoy burgers my husband makes on the grill and sometimes get one when we eat out but not often, depends where we are eating.  I get mine with mayo, lettuce, tomato, and pickle.  No cheese and no onion.

5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned, which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?  I don't have flower pots on my patio.  My favorite to see are geraniums. These all remind me of my Mom because she always has flowers on her porch.

6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout "Mayday, Mayday!"  I don't think I've ever said this.  Looking at Joyce's post with the info about this term's meaning, I have called for help A LOT in the past week.  I'm glad I have had people to help me. 

7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less.  I'll always remember the heartbreak of our loss in April 2013. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have a post today over at Laced With Grace called Step by Step

Have a day of blessings!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful that people were there for you. Sometimes when you are dealing with a tough situation cooking/eating is the very last thing you want to do.

Joyce said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have a church family to help in practical ways and I will keep you in my prayers as you grieve. Take care.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you have wonderful friends to help you during this time... I know the pain of miscarriage - you feel so empty. Be patient with the grieving process... God bless.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a blessing to have a wonderful church family. I love geraniums and we have them all year here in CA. I also have a lovely painting that my husbands Nana painted years ago. She was born in 1900 and enjoyed painting in her later years. ((HUGS))

Lighthousegal said...

It does feel good to know that people can and do come to your side when we need them most. I am glad that people have been there for you. Not having to deal with cooking meals must have been a blessing for you. My neighbors have brought over things a couple of times since I have been sick and my son's girlfriend cooked dinner for us everyday for a week after my surgery,it does warm your heart.
Take care and take one day at a time, allow yourself to grieve and hug Caleb a little tighter and maybe a little more than usual.