Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Wednesday (birthday!) Hodgepodge
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean. It was several years ago. I think my boy was 2. I felt amazed!
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
a. Styrofoam being scraped by something, like trying to get a cup out of a holder or squeeze a container in the fridge in a tight spot
b. fingernails on a chalkboard
c. parents yelling at their children
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit? It depends what it is. Dresses I try on in the store. Pants I most always will try on in the store unless I have another pair exactly like them. Shirts it depends. Sometimes I just hold it up and other times I will try it on, especially if it is a button up.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell? I don't know that I've ever eaten a pistachio out of the shell.. All I know is I have eaten pistachio pudding.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary? I can't think of one off the top of my head!
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response? I know I wrote to the President when I was a little girl. I do not know what the issue was or why I wrote him. I did get back a form letter. I have not written one lately though.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile? We have several celebrating birthdays in March...my cousin, husband, and Mom. Also it is spring break in a couple of weeks!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is my birthday! I have had a wonderful morning already! My husband surprised me with donuts and a birthday balloon tied to my chair at the table and the new Chris Tomlin CD "Burning Lights" and very sweet cards when I got up. My sweet boy gave me a flower picture he colored with a sweet note. So many blessings already today! I am thankful!
Have a day of blessings!