Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Book: Broken Wings

Recently a book caught my eye on the "new" shelf at our local library.  It is called Broken Wings by Carla Stewart.  It was the large print edition with this cover, which grabbed my attention.

This is the story of two women who meet by providence.  They are at two very different places in life, yet a friendship develops between them.  Mitzi Steiner spends her days as a hospital "pink lady" volunteer and caring for her husband Gabe who has Alzheimer's.  Brooke Woodson is engaged to a lawyer who is beginning his election campaign to be Tulsa's next District Attorney.  Mitzi shares her story and helps Brooke through her own brokenness.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the characters.  The struggles they face with Alzheimer's and abuse are two big issues to which women readers will be able to relate.  I look forward to reading more books by this author.   
 
Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

carla stewart said...

Thank you, Bethany, for the lovely review! And thanks for putting the cover for the large print edition up! I love this cover, but am so used to seeing the paperback cover that it always surprises me. I'm blessed that you liked the book and took the time to write a review. Have a wonderful day!