Friday, August 19, 2011

Audio book: The Stoning of Sally Kern


I would like to share a book with you called The Stoning of Sally Kern by Sally Kern. 

This is an eye-opening book, the story of Sally Kern.  I was not familiar with her story prior to listening to this book.  Let me give you a little background on what happened:  Mrs. Kern, District 84 House of Representatives member from Oklahoma, was attacked by homosexuals after give a speech to a Republican club.  Pieces of the speech were turned into a YouTube video.  In this book she describes the hate mail she received and the attacks on her family because of this video.  Many wanted her to apologize and change what she said.  She was not going to apologize for speaking truth. She goes on to talk about how Christianity in America is under attack. 

There was so much truth presented in this book and I found myself continually shaking my head in agreement.  Christian Americans need to not be afraid to stand up as Mrs. Kern has done.  But too often we do not because we don't want to hurt someone else's feelings. 

As I was looking on a site where I will also post this review, this book has clearly angered many because Mrs. Kern has taken a stand against homosexuality.  She is not mean or hateful in the way she does it either.  One thing I noticed in the book was how she received all this hate mail and complaints for her supposed "hate" of homosexuals yet the things that were said to her where much more vile and hateful than anything she even said! 

It's clear that our society is very much against those who stand up against the sin of homosexuality.  If you go look at other review sites, those who speak out in favor of this book are criticized! 

The narrator (Tamara Kaye Adams) did a good job with this reading.  It took me a little bit to get used to her voice, but I thought she did a nice job. 
Thank you to the christianaudio Reviewers Program for providing this audio book to me for my honest review.

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: