Wednesday, August 10, 2011

31 days: Day 10



Day 10:  Let's pray for food service workers.

Did you eat the breakfast or lunches provided at school when you were a kid?  I remember how the meals were similar on the days of the week...like Fridays were always burgers, Mondays were often pizza with corn, tossed salad, brownie, and milk, Wednesdays were some fried meat (steak fingers or chicken nuggets usually) with mashed potatoes, sweet peas, a roll, fruit, and milk.  I didn't eat breakfast at school.  I remember in high school enjoying the days when they had enchiladas and I liked to eat breakfast burritos or cinnamon rolls before school some mornings.  I remember some of the ladies that served meals or took our money. 

Things have changed so much with new regulations in school cafeterias now.   Meals look very different now than when I was a child. 

Pray for those who work in school cafeterias (and those "behind the scenes" people too like the cafeteria managers) to have a friendly attitude and smile for the children as they serve.  Pray for them to feel good as they go to work, often early in the morning to prepare food.  Pray for them to serve with kindness. 

Have a day of blessings!

Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own Logo

2 comments:

Denise said...

Adding my prayers to yours.

Loren said...

Some of our cafeteria ladies are the absolute best! Love them so much! I remember when I was in elementary I got to work in the kitchen....Oh my, it was a blast!! Wonder why they don't let kids do that anymore ? ;)