Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What is an adult problem nobody prepared you for? 
The first thing that came to mind was figuring out meals every single day!  I've said (often) how I miss just being able to walk to the Bean (the name of the cafeteria at college) and have a variety of choices to eat.

2. Without mentioning any tech, what's your most prized possession? 

A couple things came to mind.....homemade things that were given to me for special occasions like the hope chest my Peepaw made me.  He'd made the granddaughters smoething that Christmas and wasn't sure he was going to finish because he had surgery.  Also a signature quilt that my aunt and Mom made for me when I graduated from high school.  

3. It's National Peach Ice Cream Day (July 17th). Will you be celebrating? Do you like peaches? Given a choice would you prefer peach ice cream, peach pie, peach cobbler, or just hand me a peach? Do you own anything that is peach in color? 

I don't plan to celebrate but wouldn't be opposed to it!  Yes I like peaches.  They also remind me of my Peepaw and picking them from his tree.   I love how they smell too!
I would pick peach cobbler!  Yummy! 
I can't think of what I own that is peach in color.

4. What makes a friendship successful? 

Keeping confidences.  
Listening.
Making time for each other and checking in with each other.
True concern.  

5. Let's give our brains a rest and do a little summertime this or that...beach or pool? ice cream or snowcone? amusement park or camping? burger or hot dog? watermelon or strawberries? get up early or sleep in late? sunrise or sunset? 

beach or pool? sound of the beach but if I'm getting in the water then pool
ice cream or snowcone? snow cone (today!  We have a great little stand here!)
amusement park or camping? camping (if we have the RV)
burger or hot dog? burger
watermelon or strawberries? watermelon
get up early or sleep in late? sleep in late
sunrise or sunset?  sunset 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I got this quilt back from the quilter.  I love how it turned out with the hearts. It was a fun one to make. 




Have a day of blessings! 

 Bethany

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh yes!! I think the most arguments we had as a family was decided what to fix for dinner!!! The quilt is beautiful.

Susan said...

I think we have the same answers for number 5. That is cool how the back of the quilt has hearts. I have a quilt that my grandma made. I like your blog flower background!

Debby said...

Figuring out meals has become challenging. I used to enjoy it, but now with high food costs and the need to make substitutions, it's lost its appeal.

The quilt is pretty.

Joyce said...

Your quilt is lovely. I have so many friends who are big into quilting, but it's not something I've ever tried. I made a peach cobbler for dessert tonite and added blueberries to it too. It was delicious. Have a nice week!

Allstarme79 said...

Yes, I hate the whole meal planning thing. It worked out yesterday but today's timing leaves me needing ideas. I have a feeling it'll be sending a pizza for the kids, since we'll be out.

ellen b. said...

Hi Bethany. That is a nice quilt. Your friendship answer is so true. So true about the answer to the adulting question, too. Sigh. Hope the end of your week is going well.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your quilt is beautiful. True, figuring out meals is not fun. The hope chest sounds wonderful. Have a wonderful day.