Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Tell us about one small blessing you have counted in the past week? 
Supper together two nights on a row after Caleb has been gone for three trips. 


2. Bastille Day is celebrated on July 14th...have you ever been to France? Any desire to visit or re-visit, and if so what site or city would you most want to see? (pretend for a minute international travel isn't an issue) 

I have never been to France or traveled internationally. 

3. A food associated with France that you love? 
No idea! 


4. Something you recently purchased where a coupon was involved? Do you regularly shop with coupons? 
This time of year I watch the ads for school supplies. I checked Sunday the Walgreens ad because we had time to go by. They had a few things on sale. One was Bic pens. They were $1.99. Then in small print it said $3 off 2 with coupon. So I found that digital coupon and paid $1.07 for two packs of these pens. I keep a stash to give to teachers through the year, these will be good for that.  

I do like to use coupons. I used to cut them out of the Sunday paper. 

5. You have to give something away this week...what will it be? 
I have a stack of clothes from my husband’s side of the closet to get rid of and I need to go through my side of the closet and do the same. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My aunt brought me more material she found for my new quilting hobby. I was excited to have it but also it came in tubs so it will be easy to store (hopefully it fits in closet once I clean out my side!).  I love quilting and am excited to have all the fabric. 





Have a day of blessings! Bethany

8 comments:

Allstarme79 said...

Quilting is one of those things I think I might do... some day.

Kiki Nakita said...

My hubby's grandmother, Jodi, enjoyed quilting as well. She used to display them at the local fairgrounds. Hope all the fabric fits in your closet.

songbird's crazy world said...

I just did a purge of my closet. It feels good after it's done.

Lisa said...

That is so thoughtful of you to purchase pens to give to the teachers! I used to love to cut the coupons out of the Sunday paper . . .but I would always forget to use them :-)

ellen b. said...

What fun to get more materials for quilting. It would probably be good to go through my closet! Happy Hodgepodge to you!

Kirstin said...

I love quilts but can't sew lol, but I sure admire the skill of those who make them.

Joyce said...

I love a good pen : ) Have fun with all that material!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's nice about having dinner together. Yes, school supply sales are a must! I used to clip coupons too. I have more clothes to go through but we did take about six bags to the Salvation Army. How nice of your aunt to bring you more fabric. Have a nice weekend.