Thursday, October 15, 2020

Thankful Thursday




Another Thursday!  This has been a pretty good week I guess.  My husband was off Monday (Columbus Day), and we enjoyed the day together.  

Tuesday we found out our football game for this week is cancelled. The other team has players with Covid.  It was our homecoming too.  It is disappointing for us all but nothing we can do about it.  It was somewhat expected that we'd have that happen at some point.  A bunch of the schools around us have had games cancelled.  

I had the week planned and knew I'd be busy because it was our week to do the team meal on Thursday as well.  It got cancelled too so I felt like I had a couple of "extra" days with nothing planned.  I had plenty to do at home of course but also had time to do some things I enjoy....like my quilting!  

This week I am thankful for...
~ lunch dates with my husband.  If he's working from home or has to go to the office to pick something up and we meet in town, I'm thankful for this time together with him and this tradition we have.

~ hearing my big boy's thoughts and dreams.  He will randomly tell me some plan or idea he has. This morning it was about the gun safe he wants in his own home someday.

~ my sweet little guy asking me if I wanted to do a lesson.  I can't remember which day this was.  I didn't have anything planned but we did the routine of what we used to do before he started to school.  I thought it was cute he wanted to do one.

~ friends praying for me and encouraging me as I've shared my struggle I've had lately with anxiety.  I haven't had trouble in many months and have recently.  It is getting better now I feel thankfully.  

~ going to shop at Aldi.  This is fairly new to our area.  I like to browse around in there and have found some good bargains as well!  

~ the extra unexpected time at home this week and the things I've gotten done...quilting, baking chocolate chip zucchini bread, extra laundry, working on pictures and blog, etc.  


Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

No comments: