Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. When is the last time you experienced nostalgia? 
When I smell  one bottle of dish soap I remember our trip to the beach and Titus washing dishes with his Mimi.  He LOVED spraying it and used most of her bottle I think!  She sent the rest of the bottle home with him.  We have bought a refill since then of the spray but it wasn't apple scented and I missed that smell!


Add caption



 2. September 29th is National Coffee Day. Do we need this? Ha! So are you a coffee drinker? If so how many cups per day, and tell us how you like it. Is there a recipe you enjoy that calls for coffee as one of the ingredients? 
I am not a coffee drinker and never have been.  I like how it smells but have never been one to drink it. My husband doesn't either.  My oldest has always liked to drink coffee with Pawpaw when he's at the deer lease and last year asked for a coffee maker for Christmas.  He doesn't use it often.  
 
I don't have any recipes that call for coffee as an ingredient, although I do see this sometimes when I'm looking for something new to make for the fair.  

 3. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating? Explain. 
Praise is probably more motivating for me.  I get down on myself when I think I'm being criticized (even if I'm really not).  Praise just feels good and makes me want to continue doing things successfully.

 4.  What's a television series you keep coming back to and re-watching? 
I don't watch much television.  I do like the old ones that the boys like to watch like Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver.   I always like I Love Lucy, Full House, and The Cosby Show.

 5. As the month of September draws to a close give us three words to describe your mood. 
encouraged (by the love of friends)
excited (with the progress in my first quilted project)
thankful (The boys have almost made in through the first six weeks of school in person...something we weren't sure would happen.)

 6. Insert your own random thought here.


Make sure you notice my previous post about the review and giveaway for the Spiritual Seeds Planner!  


Have you heard of Jack's Basket?  It is a non profit that celebrates babies with Down syndrome.  I am helping raise money for this organization to buy board books for the baskets to give to the babies born with Down syndrome.  Click here to donate if you are interested!    (I'm looking for $5-$10 donations!)

Have a day of blessings! 
 Bethany

5 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I love spray Dawn. I use it often for heavily soiled pans. My husband, like you, doesn't care for coffee but he loves the smell of it. Have a happy fall!

Sue said...

Great responses, loved the three mood words, Too! we enjoyAndy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Willow said...

Even the smell of coffee is wonderful.
The love of friends is a precious thing.

ellen b. said...

I haven't heard of Jack's Basket. Our youth pastor has a son who is down syndrome and they are getting really good training on how to help him in his development. We are winding down in a hotel in Idaho and I'm happy to have some free time to get around to some hodgepodgers! Happy October to you.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I've seen the commercial for the spray soap. Sounds like you like using it. Of course Apple sounds like it would be really nice. Those are all good shows you listed. I've watched all of them over the years when they were on. I don't watch many reruns. Love your answer for #5.