Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What has been the highlight of your summer so far? (It's still summer people!)
It was a very busy summer for us so there were lots of great memories. We started with a wedding on our anniversary in June (my husband's youngest brother) and ended with using our RV at the state park.  The highlight was our vacation to DC and the memories we made together. We were thankful to be able to do this as a family. We were in PA and WV part of the time too.


2. What do you wish you'd done more of this summer? Less of?
It would have been nice if we could have taken our camper out to use more.  We only did one time.  We just had a really full summer and that was the only time we could.

I thought "less" on the calendar but I'm not sure which of it I would want to take off so that isn't a good answer. 

3. Something you're looking forward to on your September calendar?
Watching my big boy play football. He is a high school freshman.

4. Best/favorite book you've read this summer?

I really enjoyed and appreciated Choosing Marriage by Debra Fileta.  I just reviewed it here.  Excellent book for couples or singles.  

5. Share something positive, encouraging, or uplifting here.

I posted here about this verse recently.


6. Insert your own random thought here.
We are getting into the new routine of high school. Caleb has football practice until 6.  He is really enjoying football and the coaches.  His classes are okay so far, he has three pre AP ones this year.  He had a 3 page paper due today for his biology class and has geometry homework most nights.  So it is long days and a busy time.  I am remembering to enjoy this time as he is growing up. 

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Sounds like you had a good summer. High school sounds really busy for your boy. I used to love watching our boys play sports when they were in school. Have a great September!

JanCT said...

I'm the mom of a teenage son also! It's wonderful but also makes me think, "STOP GROWING UP SO FAST!" My daughter is 9. They do grow up fast, and your reminder to enjoy them is much appreciated. It's so easy to get busy and not appreciate the day-to-day moments.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

Debby Ray said...

It sounds like you have had a busy summer and your trip to DC looked fun! I have had one short visit there many years ago but would like to go back one day. Enjoy the rest of the summer, however you choose to spend it...hope you get to go camping! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a great summer you had. Enjoy the football games. I like your Bible quote. Wow, three AP classes!