Thursday, August 9, 2018

Thankful Thursday

We had a great time at the end of last week as we went camping in our new to us RV.  It was our first time to get to use it and we all had a wonderful time!  It was so relaxing.  We had a good spot near the water.  The boys rented a kayak to use one day.  Caleb went fishing some too while we were there.  We are glad to have the RV and look forward to using it again!

On Saturday we invited the family over to celebrate Caleb's birthday.  He didn't really want a "party" or theme this year.  We had lunch and cake for him.  He will be 14 on Sunday! 

This week I am thankful for...
~ the ways my husband makes me laugh and smile. 

~ our 13 year old boy and the ways he has blessed our life and family as a teenager this past year.  Also, he started high school "two a days" this week! 

~ our little guy's excitement over doing "lessons" with Mommy!  We started the letter W.

~ seeing family as they came to celebrate our boy with us.

~ finishing up another set of 150 continuing ed hours.  The boys stayed a while with my Mom so I could complete some "homework" from a class I attended to finish up the hours. 

~ watermelon!  We had some at church gathering this week and also bought one on sale at the grocery store.  My Mom has some in her garden I'm excited to try a bite of when they are ready.

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It all sounds perfect. Wow, high school. I pray he has a great 4 years and meets some awesome friends.