Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thankful Thursday

I am tired and going to bed but I wanted to get this TT done on Thursday this week!

This week I am thankful for...
~ being able to talk and FaceTime with my husband when he was gone. Titus was so hilarious talking to him on FaceTime.  He would talk so loud and every night he wanted to see the swans in Daddy's hotel and also the chips Daddy was eating.

~ my big boy being okay after some injuries in last Thursday's game.  The coaches were very helpful on Friday giving us some information about a clinic where he could be seen.  They x rayed his hand and knee. Both were okay, just sore.  The knee is a problem he has had before and was just aggravated by the way it was twisted in the game.

~ my little guy feeling better. He was coughing and snotty nosed for a week pretty much.  He did get an antibiotic too cause one ear was starting to look bad.  He took it like a champ, I was so thankful for that and that we were done with it this week.  I could tell he was feeling better this week with his appetite and how he acted overall.

~ supper at my Mom's.  She invited us over for homemade pot pie.  It was so yummy! 

~ making my list for "Black Friday" shopping. I am not a big shopping person overall, but the past several years I have made several purchases online with the specials that happen on Black Friday. I started looking at the ads this week and made a list of what I can buy at which place.  It is fun and I love when the packages start arriving.  My favorites are Kohls and Academy!

~ finishing a good book called Mother and Son:  The Respect Effect by Emerson Eggerichs.  Are you familiar with the book Love and Respect?  It is for marriages by the same author.  I have not read it actually but have it.  I heard about this book Mother and Son and checked it out from the library.  I did not get very far reading it, but when I found out it was an audio book on Hoopla I checked it out. I finshed it this week.  It has some great information for how moms need to treat their sons with respect.  It was insightful to me as a mom of two boys.  Now I've already started my next audio book.

Have a day of blessings!
    Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so cute about the face time. Glad your son is okay. Praying he stays safe playing football. I don't black Friday shopping unless it's online. Good luck!