Friday, October 20, 2017

I'm Not a Scaredy Cat



Best selling author Max Lucado has a new children's book called I'm Not a Scaredy Cat A Prayer for When You Wish You Were Brave.

"I'm a big cat.  I'm a strong cat.  I'm not a scaredy cat....except when...."

This little cat has times when he is afraid like when "noises are loud" or when the slide made his "tummy flippy-flop."  When he is afraid he knows to pray.

The illustrations are wonderful.  I like the cute cat going through his various fears.

This book is appropriate for ages 6-10.  I feel it would be good for parents to read this book to have conversations with their children regarding their fears and how to handle them.  I think it is important for children to know what to do when they are afraid and this little cat is a good example to pray during those times.

I enjoyed this book and hope you will check it out for yourself.  Here is a link where it can be purchased.

There is a giveaway too!  I bet you know a little one who would enjoy having this in his/her home library!  Click here to enter the giveaway!

I received a copy of this book from the FrontGate Reviewers Program.  This review is my honest opinion.  Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a great book. I think it would make a nice gift for a friend of mines child.