Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thankful Thursday

Grumbling and gratitude are, for the child of God, in conflict. Be grateful and you won’t grumble. Grumble and you won’t be grateful.  Billy Graham

This quote was in an email I receive each day and I thought it was fitting to post with my Thankful Thursday post.

It's our final week of summer. School begins on Monday. We've had a full week.  I took Caleb to his check-up on Monday.  It was good I got him in because I missed his appointment last week.  I did not know the office did not call for reminders.  I had in my head that his appointment was on the 24th so when I called Monday and she told me I'd missed it I was surprised.  It was frustrating too that I missed it, had to reschedule and got charged instead of it being "well child" and covered by insurance, but in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal. And I accomplished what we needed in getting the paper for Caleb to carry his rescue inhaler in case he needs in while at school.

Also this week we stayed at night at my Mom's place while my husband was out of town for a night.  We had fun and I got to read, color, and relax.  I enjoyed watching the hummingbirds on Wednesday morning.

Today we went to the funeral of a teacher we knew from my childhood.  She was not my teacher but my Mom had worked with her many years and I knew her daughters.  It was a sweet funeral with some funny stories shared.

Today I am thankful for..  
~ my husband and how he makes me smile!  I loved when he came home Wednesday and the sweet kiss we shared.

~ my big boy being so helpful to me this summer in so many ways.  I am going to miss him so much when he is at school. He has fixed our lunch and breakfast (and many suppers too) many days.

~ my little guy's fun imagination and the funny games he makes up and plays.  I also am thankful for his love of singing.  He knows so many tunes and many words to several songs now.  I love it when he sings.  He does "This Little Light of Mine,"  "Jesus Loves Me," "All Night, All Day," and "Old MacDonald" frequently (and loudly!!).

~ seeing some old friends at the funeral.  It was nice to see so many of the ladies who were my teachers and hug them.

~ relaxing at my Mom's and having time to read and color.

~ leftovers :)  I'm not sure everyone is thankful for leftovers, but I like that we have them to eat and plenty to eat!

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

No comments: