Thursday, August 17, 2017

Thankful Thursday

And just like that it's the middle of August!

Today I am thankful for...
~ the friendship and love my husband and I share. He always shows me his love and takes care of me so well.

~ my teenager!  It was so fun to celebrate him!  He enjoyed his surprises all week.  The biggest surprise came on Saturday at his party. His uncle flew in from Pennsylvania.  Caleb was so surprised and couldn't believe his eyes.  After we ate we had a time of sharing to encourage Caleb as he begins his teen journey.  The other part of the surprise was his uncle asked him to be his Best Man when he gets married next June.  It was so sweet, and I think we all had tears.  I can't really believe I have a teenager now!

~ my little guy's cute giggle when I tickle him.  I love that sound and his sweet smile!

~ the rain we've had lately.  It has been so beautiful to see rain in Texas in August!  The skies are cloudy again this afternoon so we may see more!

~ family all coming for Caleb's birthday.  It was fun to see everyone.  Speaking of rain in Texas.....we had stuff set up to eat outside and then it was kinda hot so my Mom said why don't we put the tables inside so it will be cooler and more enjoyable.  The steak and chicken were done on the grill and we'd gone in and started fixing our plates.  Then it started pouring!  Very hard!!  It was perfect timing after we were inside.  It did not last very long, but we were glad we were inside.

~ having a washer and dryer.  I have not used my clothesline in a long time (after my pregnancy with Titus and now we have a dog in the backyard who would not leave the clothes alone!) but eventually want to do that again.  I'm thankful for the washer and dryer.

Have a day of blessings!

   Bethany

No comments: