Friday, June 23, 2017

Audio: 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You


Today I will share with you an audiobook called 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You by Tony Reinke.  The title is self-explanatory, but I wanted to share a little about the book here.

What effect is your phone having on your life?  The author shares a very insightful book that is very relevant to our culture.  There is a whole lot of information here about phones, social media, etc. and our responses to this.  It is really eye opening to think about how attached we are to our phones.

One thing that stuck out to me was how when we post pictures on social media we are looking for the approval of others.  How many likes will this get?  The author even shares stories of people who spend great deals of money getting the "perfect image" to share.  What he goes on to say is are we more concerned with getting the approval of men or of God?

I do not have a smart phone but do have an iPad so this was still relevant for me.  It has given me a lot to think about for myself.  This is a message that we all need to consider.  I highly recommend this book to you.

The book was read by Tom Parks. He was a great choice for this book in my opinion and very easy to listen to.

Find out more by visiting christianaudio.

 I received this book for my review from christianaudio Reviewers program. Thank you.

Have a day of blessings!
   Bethany

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I worry about the control the phones have over the younger generations!